Tuesday 12 April 2016

Rendering RealisticFruit.

As part of practise I'm frequently required to create small objects like pieces of fruit. This requires me to model a basic object and UV map it. I then move into photo shop whereby I will build a repeating texture. See the below example whereby I've used these techniques to create a realistic SSS2 shader for an orange, apple and watermelon.
I've also added a quick render of plant leaves so you can visualise how the 2 sided VRay Material can be used to create transparency for petals.


Fig.1: The orange 


Fig.2: The orange shader network.


Fig.3 Two sided Vray material used for transparency on petals


Fig,4: The Apple 


Fig.5 The watermelon


Fig,6 Mirroring a cut with the watermelon UVs to create a mirrored seamless texture


2 comments: